Welcome Christian Educators
The Society for Professors of Christian Education (SPCE-NAPCE) exists to enhance the international teaching mission of the church through the cultivation of personal and professional growth of professors within the broad field of educational ministries.
Message from the President
Welcome to the SPCE-NAPCE Website!
SPCE-NAPCE is a community of Christian educators committed to the teaching and equipping ministry of the church. NAPCE encourages collaboration, networking and fellowship for current and future professors in Christian educational ministries.
As you browse the website you will find that SPCE-NAPCE promotes research and writing, multi-cultural education, interdisciplinary learning, theological education, and effective teaching and learning in the field of Christian education. You will also find information about becoming a SPCE-NAPCE member and the 2014 SPCE-NAPCE conference.
NAPCE exists to serve you. If you have questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chris Kiesling, President, SPCE-NAPCE
SPCE-NAPCE 2014 Conference - Washington, D.C.
Exploring Connections: Christian Education & Neuroscience
Warren Brown & Brad Strawn, Fuller Seminary
This year, our SPCE-NAPCE Annual Conference will be held in Washington, D.C., on October 16-18, 2014.
Exhibitors: Would you like to be an exhibitor at this year's conference? Each year we invite publishers of Christian education materials to participate with us in the conference. This is an outstanding opportunity for publishers to get the word out about their resources and it helps us as professors keep up-to-date on what is available. If you are interested in becoming an exhibitor at NAPCE's annual conference, contact our Executive Administrator by e-mail at email@example.com
What happened at our last annual conference? Are you interested in what the annual conference was like? Check out comments from Chris Kiesling, NAPCE president in 2013, in our December 2013 Newsletter on page 1.
DC in a Day! Since this year's conference is scheduled for Washington, D.C, and it affords many opportunities to explore, we have deliberately built time into this year's conference schedule for you to make plans to see the city. Click on the "DC in a Day" link to see some of the suggested sights and tips for how to custom design yourtime to see the city. Daryl Busby, our conference VP this year, has a daughter named Laura Busby who actually works in the city as a tour guide and docent, and has prepared this DC in a Day guide just for participants in this year's conference. Enjoy!
Looking forward to our next get together in Washington, D.C., October 2014.
SPCE-NAPCE Message Board
Check this area for important information designed to keep you up-to-date on the latest things happening at NAPCE.
- Job Opportunities: Check out our NAPCE Employment page for the latest job opportunities - Wheaton College has just posted a position.
- Latest Newsletter: Get the latest NAPCE Newsletter containing important annual conference updates and information related to NAPCE members.
- Membership Renewal: You can renew your membership in NAPCE, even if you aren't able to attend this year's conference. Annual dues are only $75.00 (grad students, $45.00). Payment of dues entitles you to the benefits of membership, including subscription to Christian Education Journal, and also contributes to the continuing mission of NAPCE. For the first time, membership dues can be paid online easily by credit card on our Online Registration Page
- Jobs in Christian Education: Check out the latest job postings on the Employment web page. Grace University just posted a position for a full time professor of Christian Ministry - check out the specifics.
- Membership Data Update: NAPCE is currently in the process of updating its mailing lists and member's data. Please check the Member Directory page to ensure we have your latest data. If not, click here for our Update Form
- Christian Education Journal: The Christian Education Journal is a peer-reviewed journal published twice a year by Talbot School of Theology, Biola University, in cooperation with the North American Professors of Christian Education (NAPCE). The journal is a wonderful way to keep up to date on the latest trends and ideas in the field of Christian education and presents an excellent opportunity for professional writing. NAPCE's very own Kevin Lawson serves as Editor for this journal and many other NAPCE members serve in other capacities.
- The Journal of Family Ministry: Articles from NAPCE members needed! Southern Seminary professor and NAPCE member Timothy Paul Jones is now editor of The Journal of Family Ministry. This publication is a re-launched recension of a widely read and respected periodical that was first published in 1987. Now, The Journal of Family Ministry is a peer-reviewed academic and professional journal, and NAPCE members are urged to submit articles to the journal for consideration. Read more....
The SPCE-NAPCE Message Board is updated frequently - check back here soon for the latest updates!