Welcome Christian Educators
NAPCE exists to enhance the international teaching mission of the church through the cultivation of personal and professional growth of professors within the broad field of educational ministries.
NAPCE-SPCE 2013 Conference: Our 2013 conference is close at hand. The conference will be held at the Intercontinental Chicago O'Hare Hotel in Chicago, Illinois, October 17-19, 2013. This year's theme is "Digital Discipleship: Christian Education in a Digital World", covering many facets of online digital education. Plenary speakers include three internationally recognized experts in online digital education. Joining us will be Richard Pratt from Third Millennium Ministries as well as Mary Lowe and Stephen Lowe from Erskine Theological Seminary.
Hotel Reservations: Though you may continue to sign up for our conference up until the day if the event- including walk ups, as of Tuesday, October 01, early "hotel" registration is closed. If you still need a room for the conference, please call the Intercontinental Chicago O’Hare Hotel’s main reservations number directly at 877.834.3613. Tell them you are booking a room for the SPCE Conference on October 17-19. All rooms in the conference reserve block are now sold out, but you may be able to reserve a room at standard hotel rates. We will be working on other solutions for your accommodation needs - please check back here regularly for current and updated information on accommodations. We will work for accommodations solutions for all conferees.
Excellent Rate - Comfort Inn: For anyone still needing last minute hotel arrangments for the conference, we have negotiated an excellent option for you at the Comfort Inn near our conference site:
Comfort Inn O'Hare
2175 E Touhy Ave.
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Guest ask for the NAPCE rate--$119.99 plus tax
Note: This rate include free 24/7 airport shuttle, free shuttle to Intercontinental O'Hare, free hot deluxe breakfast, free parking and free Wi-Fi. Onsite restaurant and bar, fitness center and business center.
Interested in Sharing a Room? Another suggestions - if you would like to share a room with someone at the conference, contact conference VP James Flynn directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will attempt to connect people who want to share a room for one or more nights at the conference
Hotel Alternative (After October 01): SPCE has negotiated a block of 10 rooms with the Aloft Chicago O'Hare Hotel, only two blocks from the conference hotel. Our negotiated overnight rate is $189, which you may find cheaper than the normal price at the conference hotel now that the SPCE block rooms are all taken. The rooms at Aloft come in either standard king or double occupancy. There is a complementary shuttle pick up every half hour at the Chicago O'Hare Airport. There is free Wifi throughout the property. Property is anchored to "The Park at Rosemont" Entertainment District and offers a 24/7 fitness center as well as Grab N Go Gourmet. Again, these rooms are limited in number, so make reservations as soon as possible. We will be working on other solutions for your accommodation needs - please check back here regularly for current and updated information on accommodations. Click HERE to make your reservations at the specially negotiated NAPCE-SPCE rate.
Special Conference Note: Plan on attending the Pre-Conference Dialog, sponsored by the Christian Education Journal (CEJ) on Thursday, October 17, 2012 from 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. at this year's conference in Chicago. The Pre-Conference Dialog will be held in the hotel's Field Room near the main conference meeting room.
- NAPCE 2013 Conference details are now available.
- Register Online for the 2013 conference.
- The 2013 Conference Schedule is now available.
- Our Conference Papers are now being uploaded to the web for you to view and download
- Professional Development Workshops are now scheduled and the schedule can be viewed by using the link .
- Accommodations, reservations, transporation, and logistics for travel for Conference 2013 are now available with detailed information on each.
2013 Conference Poster: Click HERE to download a printable 8.5 X 11 NAPCE 2013 conference poster. Would you help us spread the word by downloading, printing, and posting this poster in a visible place?
Message from the President
Welcome to the NAPCE Website!
NAPCE is a community of Christian educators committed to the teaching and equipping ministry of the church. NAPCE encourages collaboration, networking and fellowship for current and future professors in Christian educational ministries.
As you browse the website you will find that NAPCE promotes research and writing, multi-cultural education, interdisciplinary learning, theological education, and effective teaching and learning in the field of Christian education. You will also find information about becoming a NAPCE member and the 2013 NAPCE conference.
NAPCE exists to serve you. If you have questions contact us at email@example.com.
Chris Kiesling, President, NAPCE
NAPCE 2013 Conference - Chicago
This year, our NAPCE Annual Conference will be held in the Chicago on October 17-19, 2013.
Exhibitors: Would you like to be an exhibitor at this year's conference? Each year we invite publishers of Christian education materials to participate with us in the conference. This is an outstanding opportunity for publishers to get the word out about their resources and it helps us as professors keep up-to-date on what is available. If you are interested in becoming an exhibitor at NAPCE's annual conference, contact our Executive Administrator by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
What happened at our last annual conference? Are you interested in what the annual conference was like? Check out comments from Mark Maddix, NAPCE president in 2012, in our December 2012 Newsletter on pages 2 & 3,.
Looking forward to our next get together in Chicago, October 2013.
NAPCE Message Board
Check this area for important information designed to keep you up-to-date on the latest things happening at NAPCE.
- Job Opportunities: Check out our NAPCE Employment page for the latest job opportunities - Wheaton College has just posted a position.
- Latest Newsletter: Get the latest NAPCE Newsletter continaing important annual conference updates and information related to NAPCE members.
- Membership Renewal: You can renew your membership in NAPCE, even if you aren't able to attend this year's conference. Annual dues are only $75.00 (grad students, $45.00). Payment of dues entitles you to the benefits of membership, including subscription to Christian Education Journal, and also contributes to the continuing mission of NAPCE. For the first time, membership dues can be paid online easily by credit card on our Online Registration Page
- Jobs in Christian Education: Check out the latest job postings on the Employment web page. Grace University just posted a position for a full time professor of Christian Ministry - check out the specifics.
- Membership Data Update: NAPCE is currently in the process of updating its mailing lists and member's data. Please check the Member Directory page to ensure we have your latest data. If not, click here for our Update Form
- Christian Education Journal: The Christian Education Journal is a peer-reviewed journal published twice a year by Talbot School of Theology, Biola University, in cooperation with the North American Professors of Christian Education (NAPCE). The journal is a wonderful way to keep up to date on the latest trends and ideas in the field of Christian education and presents an excellent opportunity for professional writing. NAPCE's very own Kevin Lawson serves as Editor for this journal and many other NAPCE members serve in other capacities.
- The Journal of Family Ministry: Articles from NAPCE members needed! Southern Seminary professor and NAPCE member Timothy Paul Jones is now editor of The Journal of Family Ministry. This publication is a re-launched recension of a widely read and respected periodical that was first published in 1987. Now, The Journal of Family Ministry is a peer-reviewed academic and professional journal, and NAPCE members are urged to submit articles to the journal for consideration. Read more....
The NAPCE Message Board is updated frequently - check back here soon for the latest updates!